Mayabanza Sylena Bangudi
Phone: 410.384.4224 | Skype: mayabanza.bangudi | Connect with Me on LinkedIn!
Admitted to Practice: Maryland; U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
Education: Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.; University of Louisville, B.A. in English
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member (2010 - present), AILA-DC Chapter Fall Conference CLE Planning Committee Member (2011 & 2012)
- Maryland State Bar Association, Vice-Chair, Immigration Law Section (2012-13), Immigration Section Annual Meeting Chair (2012) and Co-chair (2013) Member (Immigration, Business, & Family Law Sections, 2004 - present)
- American Bar Association, Published Author, Member (2004 - present)
Civic and Charitable
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, Family Law Panel Attorney (2006 - present)
- Sisters for Health, Inc., General Counsel
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND), Volunteer Immigration Counsel practicing in Baltimore Immigration Court
- Georgetown University Law Center, Alumni Interview Program, Volunteer (2010 to present)
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Iota Lambda Omega Chapter, Current Member, Social Justice & Human Rights Committee Chair (2011)
- Are You (Marketing) Online? Applicable Ethical Rules that You Must Know, Bangudi Law LLC, Available in AILA-DC Fall Conference Materials (2012).
- Non-compliance with H-1B Rules Shakes Up Prince Georges County Schools - How to Make Sure this Does Not Happen to Your Clients, Bangudi Law LLC, Available in AILA-DC Fall Conference Materials (2011).
- Foreword: Recognizing Humanity, Achieving International Gender Equality in Labor & Employment, 6 GEO. J. GENDER L. 147-56 (2005); and The Violence Against Women Act, 4 GEO. J. GENDER & L. 489 (2002) (summarizing the provisions of VAWA I and II, including those provisions for battered immigrant women).
- Compendium of State Certificate of Title Laws, American Bar Association, (Chapter Author, 2009).
- Why Arguing, “But He Touched It Last!” May No Longer Work in Oregon, General Motors Minority Dealers Association, Sparkplug Quarterly Newsletter, p. 11 (Spring 2008).